Guidelines for the Design Aptitude Test (DE-CODE) for admission in Bachelor in Design programmes
- Centre For Design Excellence will organize DE-CODE (Design Aptitude Test) to be followed by PI (Personal interview) to understand the skills of student who aspires to join CODE.
- DE-CODE simply works on the concept of measuring capacity of applicants with respect to lateral/ conceptual thinking/ analytical and critical thinking.
- DECODE intends to test the general awareness (world-wide); perception, observation skills and students ability to implement design thinking skills.
DE-CODE Aptitude Test Eligibility
- The candidates seeking admission in Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) shall have passed the HSC examination (10+2), Have completed their 10+2 level from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, or any other recognized examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Have studied at any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities to be equivalent to 10+2 system with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Possess a three or four year diploma which is recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
The Exam will be held online only in which candidate has to give two papers.
Paper 1:- Aptitude Test (60 min Duration)
Multiple choice questions on the basis of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper 2:- Creativity Test (120 min Duration)
Subjective Questions with be answer in visual (graphical representation) or written formats.
DE-CODE Exam Syllabus
The exam will have questions from the following topics:
VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITY
Spatial visualization ability or visual-spatial ability is the ability to mentally manipulate 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional figures. It is to assess your ability to think spatially and mentally manipulate images, and perceive patterns between them. It is typically measured with simple cognitive tests and is predictive of user performance with some kinds of user interfaces.
ECOLOGICAL AND PUBLIC AWARENESS
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING
The logical reasoning, also known as critical thinking or analytic reasoning, involves one's ability to isolate and identify the various components of any given argument. It is designed to assess a candidate's ability at skills such as how to interpret patterns, number sequences or the relationships between shapes. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND CREATIVITY
Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITY
aptitude to distinguish concealed properties in common things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Ability to use visual analogies, descriptions, signs and symbols. Design Thinking is a problem solving framework. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Critical Reasoning, conceptualizing an idea and visualization using medium such as sketching, illustration, models etc.
Online Application Form Candidate can apply online through Application Form made available on Website www.decode.codevgu.in
Online Payment: Applicants need to fill their information in the online application form available on the website along with the non-refundable application processing fee of 1800/- INR.
For any query or confusion, students are free to contact the admission department on our Toll-Free Number 1800-3131-415 or mobile no. 9414267150. The student can also email at email@example.com
Registration for DE-CODE
- Step 1: Register for decode
- Step 2: An computerized verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Step 3 : Provide the required details in the application form.
- Step 4 : Upload the required documents accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
- Step 5 : Proceed to payment option and pay 1800/- INR.